SOLD : “American Pickers” 1962 BMW R69S
This ol’ lady’s got a new lease on life.
Purchased in 1964 from the original owner. Ridden in Southwest New Mexico, it was used as a daily commuter and trip bike all the way until 1978. It was then handed down to his son who rode it occasionally until 1992 when he decided to put into storage for his kids, knowing this bike was going to be very collectible.
Flash forward 24 years later and a picker by the name of Mike Wolfe, from Antique Archeology and tv show American Pickers, decided to purchase this piece of riding history and get it into the right hands so that this ol’ lady could get back on the road.
Since receiving the bike we took the steps to get her out of long hibernation, function check, enjoyed several test rides and she is now ready to find her new rightful owner.
This R69S has 36K miles on the clock and has a strong engine and the gearbox shifts in all gears with no whine. She still has her original paint and while some of the hand pinstripes have been worn off, the pattern is still visible. The charging system, ignition system and lights are all still fully functioning and it has matching engine and frame plate numbers. The fuel tank interior lining is still intact, the petcock and carbs have been cleaned and we have replaced old plastic fuel line with new braided BMW fuel line.
- Original paint and patina of a good life ridden.
- This ride comes with the exceptionally rare Flandersheild fairing with matching Flanders high handlebars and appropriate extended control cables. This fairing works awesome in cold weather and when traveling in the rain at faster speeds but still in the legal limit the fairing makes an envelope that pushes the rain around the rider.
- One piece Crash bars that don’t get in the way of servicing.
- Aux lights on crash bars set up as turn signals.
- Art deco license plate tag protector.
- Rear tail bag carrier.
- Actual Sears branded tires with tons of tread and no dry rot.
- Bike has a title and matching numbers.
- Whether you want to one day restore her or just have fun as a daily commuter, everything is here.
For sale $11,000